Week 1 Almost Over
Wow! My first week of school as a teacher is almost over. It's been a crazy but good week. We have had to make 2 major schedule changes this week that makes things a little crazy. I'm exhausted though and will be glad when the week comes to an end. I think it was hard because mentally I felt that the week ended on Wednesday afternoon because we were on the last day of our cycle of classes. We have a six day cycle and that's how my plan book looks...not week by week. Therefor this week is on one page and then I have to flip it over for Thursday and Friday plans. It just takes some adjustment but I'm not used to it so I kept thinking it was Friday. Friday is our first Chapel Day, which brings about more changes and it just happens that I have morning and afternoon duty again tomorrow. We have back to school night Friday evening for an hour and a half. Needless to say Friday is going to be one really long day at the end of one really long week. I'm not complaining really. I love teaching and I'm glad to have my own classroom now. Next week will be better as we start our units of study and move past our procedures and routines (well move past teaching them). My kids do really well with them except for talking during transitions but it gets better. So to all the teachers out there imagine parents that are asking for more homework for their kids. Well I have some of those parents. They are all about working and school here. Its very different but good as well. Back to School night should be interesting tomorrow. After Back to School a bunch of us are going out for chocolate fondue(?). It should be good and a good well to end the week. There is quite a social bunch of teachers here. I went out twice this past weekend and I went over to Athania's the other night for dinner. It should be fun (and less cooking for me:)). Well that's about it for now because I need to go to bed. I have a lot to do in the morning before duty (including making up my Bible test). Oh yeah, a quick note on posting comments. You can leave a comment even if you do not have a blog sign in. You just skip the part to sign in and put submit or whatever it is. They have the sign in because if you have a blog when you post a comment it will make a link to your profile that is on your own blog. Its not necessary in order to post a comment. Hope that helps some of you understand about comments. I hope things are great for each of you. Have a great end of the week.

4 Comments:
Hi Caroline,
We love reading your posts and seeing what is going on in your life. We miss you but are very happy that you are having a good experience in Hong Kong.
Keep the posts coming!
Love,
Sheila
By
Anonymous, at 9:42 PM
It was really nice talking to you this morning - hope we can do it again soon.
We miss you and we love you.
Grandma Thomas
By
Anonymous, at 9:44 PM
Hi Caroline,
Thanks for the advice on comments, Trying it out now. Jane and I are following your posts closely and praying for you every day. We've both spent time in Hong Kong. I made two trips over there and she went on the second one with me. My project was in Canton (guangzhou)but our offices were on Victoria Island (Hong Kong. Keep posting. I'm printing them all.
Love you
John and Jane Killebrew
By
Anonymous, at 6:09 AM
Hey Caroline,
Thank you for letting us know about he commments.
I have been praying for you to have friends. Sounds like you are having opportunities for getting acquainted with other teachers. That is really good. You won't get bogged down with all work.
I talked to Susie Barrett(?) Sunday. She is headed for Japan in a week or so. She is getting married soon after she arrives. I met the young man's father Sunday.
Amanda is busy packing up to go to Philadelphia. She is excited. You ladies are really spread out!!
I am keeping up with your notes and praying for you.
Love and Hugs
Linda Roberts
By
Anonymous, at 4:41 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home