Moving On
Well another day of learning about my new school and my role in it has past. Over all I think it was a good day. We have devotions every morning which I absolutely love. This morning Tim reminded us that the faith of a child is all that we need. God will take care of the things that are impossible all we need to do is have faith. So as I sat there thinking about the millions of things that I need to do and prepare before Aug. 19 gets here God was saying Caroline take a breathe and have faith in me. I have brought you to this place and I'm not going to leave you to figure it out by yourself. It was such a blessing and a wonderful reminder of what is really important.
From there we moved to a little over an hour session on best practices but in actuality it should have been like 2 - 3 days so it really was much more confusing than anything else. I think I took away a few major details and I think that is all they really expected from us for today. Then I had a meeting on the mentoring program. I'm not the only first or second year teacher in the school! There are 3 others as well. I really don't know that much about them but at least I'm not the only one with little experience. It was a good meeting and I spent quite a bit of time with Athania getting to know her. It was more about getting to know each other than it was about talking about curriculum. I also got a lot of posters and stuff that Athania and ordered for me. After that I decided not to return to the school to work in my classroom any more. I have my desks set up and I'll do the rest in the next few days. i went to talk with Megan and through different circumstances Megan and I ended up eating lunch with the headmaster. I really didn't like the food but it was a good time to talk with Ben more and get to know more about Hong Kong and Chinese people. Oh yeah the headmaster is like the superintendent for those people that know US public school systems.
I came back to my hotel room around 230 and I have worked on the science and math curriculum. I'm very glad to have that time to find out what I'm going to be teaching and when and all that stuff. So overall its been a good day. Right now I'm watching lots of dark clouds move over the moutains outside my window toward the Kowloon area of Hong Kong. Oh yeah I found out about a Baptist church in Hong Kong that is supposed to be really good. Things are coming together and that helps with the homesickness. Until tomorrow (which will be a very busy day full of meetings because its the first day of full faculty orientation). Have a wonderful day!
From there we moved to a little over an hour session on best practices but in actuality it should have been like 2 - 3 days so it really was much more confusing than anything else. I think I took away a few major details and I think that is all they really expected from us for today. Then I had a meeting on the mentoring program. I'm not the only first or second year teacher in the school! There are 3 others as well. I really don't know that much about them but at least I'm not the only one with little experience. It was a good meeting and I spent quite a bit of time with Athania getting to know her. It was more about getting to know each other than it was about talking about curriculum. I also got a lot of posters and stuff that Athania and ordered for me. After that I decided not to return to the school to work in my classroom any more. I have my desks set up and I'll do the rest in the next few days. i went to talk with Megan and through different circumstances Megan and I ended up eating lunch with the headmaster. I really didn't like the food but it was a good time to talk with Ben more and get to know more about Hong Kong and Chinese people. Oh yeah the headmaster is like the superintendent for those people that know US public school systems.
I came back to my hotel room around 230 and I have worked on the science and math curriculum. I'm very glad to have that time to find out what I'm going to be teaching and when and all that stuff. So overall its been a good day. Right now I'm watching lots of dark clouds move over the moutains outside my window toward the Kowloon area of Hong Kong. Oh yeah I found out about a Baptist church in Hong Kong that is supposed to be really good. Things are coming together and that helps with the homesickness. Until tomorrow (which will be a very busy day full of meetings because its the first day of full faculty orientation). Have a wonderful day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home