Caroline in Hong Kong

Thursday, January 19, 2006

4C Chapel

Wow! The last two weeks have been so busy with prepartions for my class Chapel presentation. We are on a 6 day rotating schedule and every Day 2 we have Chapel as a school. Each class is in charge of doing a chapel throughout the year. The first class to go was 4B on Dec. 1. Well my class was scheduled for today (Thurs. Jan. 19). We started to work on our Chapel as soon as we got back from Christmas break. I bought a few skit books while I was home and started to plan it the day before I left and then once I got back. I knew that I wanted to sign a song. I chose "I Give My All" from one of my Fuge worship CD's. Then we I planned a skit about Peter by combining two from a book and then adding a little of my own stuff to it.

I taught the song first and then we started to work on the skit. The first week we just worked on it during our Bible time but this week we had to take lots of other times to work on it as well. The basic principle of the skit was that it was TV show that looked into the lives of people that met Jesus (our chapel theme). Within the show was a skit about that person. The part of Peter's life that we looked at was when Jesus met with him and John and a few other disciples after he had risen from the dead and he asked Peter 3 times if he loved him and told him to feed his sheep. After that our narrators and hosts of the TV shows talked about choosing a path and deciding whether they would follow Jesus. That part was actually a really short part of the whole chapel. My students also sang and played their recorders (and one student played the organ and one the snare drum) as they helped lead worship. Also Kathi and Esther presented about their trip to Thailand in November to see the kids that our chapel offering goes to help (refugees near the border of Myanmar/Burma) while my kids were preparing for our skit. Over all it went really well. I watched from the sides while I helped the narrators know when to go on and off. It was funny and the kids enjoyed it. I was very proud of them for the work they had done.

Also while we were preparing my kids made a ton of paper fish to fill a net (I mean hundreds of fish). They also made the boat, a sign, and a fire (all of our props for the play). They really worked hard to prepare for it and it paid off. They really really did a great job. I forgot my camera tonight so I'll have to put pictures on this weekend.

Thank you for everyone that prayed for our chapel. I was stressed and nervous especially last night when the set up really wasn't working (we changed it this morning so that it was better). This morning I was just like okay we have done as much as we can and it would be fine. And it was.

Have a great day! I'll try to post more this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home