Caroline in Hong Kong

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Almost Christmas Break! :)

I can't believe it's almost Christmas break! Time has really flown by (especially these last 3 weeks). I'm so excited about getting to go home and be around things that are familiar and where everyone speaks English! It's also crazy to know that I've been here for about a 1/4 of the time that I have signed to be here. That just blows my mind! I mean 2 years is a long time but this last 5.5 months has really gone fast so I'm sure the next year and half will as well.

This past week was rough. My kids were fine but I was sick and it was just rough. I had a lot to get done. We were finishing up almost everything (we just have an Islam test on Mon. to finish). I wanted to get the work done. My worst day was Thursday but I wanted to be at school because we were just starting to do fun things for Christmas. I made it through the day but Andy took my afternoon duty and I left at 3:35. I slept and did nothing all evening. It was very helpful. My voice (which I really didn't have on Thursday) was stronger on Friday and I felt some better. As the day went on I actually got better but I still took Friday afternoon to do nothing but rest. I am feeling better now which is good. Friday was an easy day which helped as well. We went to the park in the morning for the kids to play outside in the fresh air and then my kids took 3 tests (spelling, vocabulary, Bible) and we played a game to review our Islam material. Then in the afternoon they had free time to play games because they earned their first sunflower party (class reward system). I was grateful for the time to get things done and to rest and not have to talk.

Today (Saturday) I slept late. I woke up at 8 with the sun in my eyes but I refused to get up so I put my pillow over my eyes and went back to sleep until 10:30. It was so thankful to get some rest. I was kinda lazy this morning but then I cooked lunch, did 3 loads of laundry, packed a few things, cleaned some, went to get pictures developed, made bookmarks for my kids, went to school and graded a ton of stuff after that. I am glad that I got a lot done but I didn't get enough done. I had intended to only get ready to go home but on Wednesday I found out that I had to have progress reports done by Monday (and I was too sick on Thurs. and Fri. to do them) and I have to work at the Christmas concert on Sun. from 2:30 to 5:30 which I also found out on Wed. The faculty meeting on Wed. was not a fun one to be at. Since I still don't have some things graded I'm going to have to go back to school after the concert tomorrow to get things done. I'm really looking forward to getting through Tuesday in which I will only have to pack my things :) My flight leaves at 11:35 but Megan and I are going in much earlier to have Burger King breakfast.

Oh yeah our Christmas party is on Monday. I'm excited to have it and know that Monday will be a crazy but fun day. I have to make Christmas wreaths for it tomorrow as well but I do have their gifts together already (thanks mom for the elf shoes :))

Oh yeah, about kids being excited for Christmas my kids defintely are! However, to me it hasn't been that bad. But some of my kids had a rough week. I had two that made it to the lowest section on our discipline board (that's a first in my class). One student actually made it to the very last one. It was a rough week for them but most of the clips were not moved in my room as far as I remember. It will be good to have a few weeks of break for the kids. They are ready for it as much as I am. Their sunflower party couldn't have come at a better time. They needed it for a break but also to realize that they have the ability to behave and earn sunflowers (although they almost lost it on Wednesday at lunch). Anyway, I need to get off of here and grade some more.

Have a great day whenever you read this. Oh and I'll be home last on the 21st!!! I hope to see some of you while I'm there. Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

  • Caroline,
    I would like pictures of the elf shoes in Hong Kong.
    MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home