Time flies!
Well time really did fly when I was at home! I couldn't believe when it was time to head back to Hong Kong. I had a great time at home and got to see a lot of people. For those that I did get to see it was great to see you and those that I didn't I hope to talk to you soon or see you when I go home next Christmas (yeah I'm really not planning on going back to the States until next Christmas).
I was praying for an easy flight back and had plenty of plans for Wednesday after I got back. I had to plan for Thursday and Friday and rearrange my desks. However that just didn't happen. I stayed up all night before I left mainly because I was packing but also to start changing time zones. We got to the airport a little early so I ate breakfast with my family before I went through security but I was afraid that I would be late so I ate in a hurry. It was hard to leave my family but I also would be worried about my flight until I was through security. I sat waiting for my flight forever and began to fall asleep. Then they announced that my flight had been delayed because of the storms going on outside. I was too tired to even worry about that at the moment even though I knew I had a really tight connection in Chicago. My flight left about an hour late but they flew faster than usual in hopes to catch up on some time. I talked to the people beside me for a while but soon fell asleep for most of the flight. I woke up when I heard that we had a hold over Kentucky for a while because there were storms in Chicago. They then moved us on up to Cincinnati since we were already a delayed flight. I was hoping that my flight to Hong Kong was also delayed because of the storms and that I would still make it. By the time we landed and I got off the plane and found the monitors my flight was listed as closed. I talked to the attendants at the gate that my plane had come in at and they said there was no way for me to make the flight and to go see customer service. I had to wait in line forever and then it took forever with the lady. They told me they couldn't get me on a flight until Wed. and I would land in Hong Kong until Thursday night and I also could not reclaim my bags but they would be sent on to Hong Kong on the next flight. I was very frustrated and they said they wouldn't pay for hotels or anything. I called home then and almost broke down but I pulled myself together and then tried my best to get to Hong Kong quicker. I walked all over terminals 1,2, and 3 trying to get a flight to Hong Kong that day or even to get a stand by ticket but after 4 hours I was exhausted and had gone to everyone that I could possibly think of with no progress. I finally found a hotel (the airlines don't pay for hotels when its weather related delays). I got some dinner and watched some of the Sugar Bowl (the one upside to being stranded in Chicago) and worked on my blanket. Oh yeah, I learned to crochet (spelling ?) over the holidays and I'm making a blanket now. Anyway, I got up early the next day and went to the airport in hopes to get a stand by ticket for one of the two flights out to Hong Kong that day. Luckily, I actually got a ticket on the first flight out. I was very excited and I was in economy plus which is more leg room. It was a very long flight but I worked on my blanket a lot and the seat next to me was empty so I had more room than usual. I got some sleep and watched some movies and was really bored but I got through it and got to Hong Kong on Thursday evening. My luggage however they told me was not on my flight. So after waiting for almost an hour looking for it and making my claim I was finally on the bus back to Mei Lam and then a walk to Granville. However, I got off the bus early because I wasn't exactly sure where the bus stop was at Mei Lam (I was afraid it had moved) and I was in Tai Wai so I took a taxi the rest of the way home. I was home less than an hour when they called and said they had my luggage (it must have already been there) and they were bringing it. So once my luggage arrived I went to bed because I had to teach the next morning.
I made it through those first few days and almost of this week. Time really is flying. We've been preparing for our chapel presentation which is next week. Time reall has flown through the days I've been here. So much to do and I'm still recovering from jet lag so I go to bed early. Anyway, mainly I just wanted to let you know that I'm here. I'm back in Hong Kong safe an sound. I hope all is well for each of you and I'll try to post more later.
I was praying for an easy flight back and had plenty of plans for Wednesday after I got back. I had to plan for Thursday and Friday and rearrange my desks. However that just didn't happen. I stayed up all night before I left mainly because I was packing but also to start changing time zones. We got to the airport a little early so I ate breakfast with my family before I went through security but I was afraid that I would be late so I ate in a hurry. It was hard to leave my family but I also would be worried about my flight until I was through security. I sat waiting for my flight forever and began to fall asleep. Then they announced that my flight had been delayed because of the storms going on outside. I was too tired to even worry about that at the moment even though I knew I had a really tight connection in Chicago. My flight left about an hour late but they flew faster than usual in hopes to catch up on some time. I talked to the people beside me for a while but soon fell asleep for most of the flight. I woke up when I heard that we had a hold over Kentucky for a while because there were storms in Chicago. They then moved us on up to Cincinnati since we were already a delayed flight. I was hoping that my flight to Hong Kong was also delayed because of the storms and that I would still make it. By the time we landed and I got off the plane and found the monitors my flight was listed as closed. I talked to the attendants at the gate that my plane had come in at and they said there was no way for me to make the flight and to go see customer service. I had to wait in line forever and then it took forever with the lady. They told me they couldn't get me on a flight until Wed. and I would land in Hong Kong until Thursday night and I also could not reclaim my bags but they would be sent on to Hong Kong on the next flight. I was very frustrated and they said they wouldn't pay for hotels or anything. I called home then and almost broke down but I pulled myself together and then tried my best to get to Hong Kong quicker. I walked all over terminals 1,2, and 3 trying to get a flight to Hong Kong that day or even to get a stand by ticket but after 4 hours I was exhausted and had gone to everyone that I could possibly think of with no progress. I finally found a hotel (the airlines don't pay for hotels when its weather related delays). I got some dinner and watched some of the Sugar Bowl (the one upside to being stranded in Chicago) and worked on my blanket. Oh yeah, I learned to crochet (spelling ?) over the holidays and I'm making a blanket now. Anyway, I got up early the next day and went to the airport in hopes to get a stand by ticket for one of the two flights out to Hong Kong that day. Luckily, I actually got a ticket on the first flight out. I was very excited and I was in economy plus which is more leg room. It was a very long flight but I worked on my blanket a lot and the seat next to me was empty so I had more room than usual. I got some sleep and watched some movies and was really bored but I got through it and got to Hong Kong on Thursday evening. My luggage however they told me was not on my flight. So after waiting for almost an hour looking for it and making my claim I was finally on the bus back to Mei Lam and then a walk to Granville. However, I got off the bus early because I wasn't exactly sure where the bus stop was at Mei Lam (I was afraid it had moved) and I was in Tai Wai so I took a taxi the rest of the way home. I was home less than an hour when they called and said they had my luggage (it must have already been there) and they were bringing it. So once my luggage arrived I went to bed because I had to teach the next morning.
I made it through those first few days and almost of this week. Time really is flying. We've been preparing for our chapel presentation which is next week. Time reall has flown through the days I've been here. So much to do and I'm still recovering from jet lag so I go to bed early. Anyway, mainly I just wanted to let you know that I'm here. I'm back in Hong Kong safe an sound. I hope all is well for each of you and I'll try to post more later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home