Caroline in Hong Kong

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Settling In

It has been unusually hard to settle back into school this year. It has actually been really odd. I have only been in Hong Kong for few weeks but it already feels like forever. I've only been at school with the students for 6 days but it feels like it has been at least triple that. It isn't that exciting and I am unusually caught up on work and ahead of things (very unusual!). Like I said it has just been odd.

Overall, I think I have great students. The student that makes me smile the most and makes my days enjoyable is Brendon. Brendon is ADHD but his hyperactivity just adds to his personality. At times it is frustrating because he is up and doing things he shouldn't be but overall it has just made it more fun. I think I have some great students and I am looking forward to really getting to know them all. They are, however, very talkative. Unfortunately it is just a lot of kids talking in low voices and you can't tell who it is. This has been very frustrating.

I think the fact that in about a month and a half we are moving throws a curve ball. I know that we have to reset all routines and procedures once we move. We have to start basically over and it just seems like this is temporary on so many levels. We have a lot that we need to do between now and then but it is hard to feel settled when you are constantly thinking of what can be packed and prepared for the move ahead of time. I am hoping that I can settle in more in the next few days.

I had a great summer and I just wasn't ready to start work again. It's started and now it is time to get focused on the opportunities to share that I have here. Well I need to go and get some dinner before it gets too late. Have a great day!

PS Grandmas don't' worry I'll be just fine. I'll settle in and will be okay here in Hong Kong. It's just a transition. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home