Happy Mother's Day!
Well Sunday is coming to a close here in Hong Kong but I know that it is just starting in the States. I've called my mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day already. It is an important day. Mothers are important. I love my mom and thank God for her. So Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers that read this blog!
On other notes, school is quickly coming to a close. We have finished our last bit of Science for the school year already! It's hard to believe that it is coming to a close but I am ready for the next few weeks to fly by so that I can be on my way home! I didn't realize last year how helpful it was to be home during the month of April for spring break. I am very ready to be back in American and surrounded by a culture and language that I understand. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy Hong Kong and love the opportunity to work here but I am ready to be back in the States for a while.
We have 13.5 school days left with the students. Next week on Thursday we have the day off to celebrate Buddha's Birthday. Now obviously no one on my staff actually celebrates Buddha's Birthday but it is a red calendar day in Hong Kong (basically a national holiday) so we get the day off anyway. It will be a nice break in the middle of craziness! Since staff can actually check out on Saturday after the last day of school, parents ask to receive the report cards early so that they can have teacher conference if they want to. That means report cards go home on Tuesday of that last week. Which also means that after Monday we really want be doing a lot of work. On Wednesday of the last week, the fourth grade is going ice skating and then we are having class parties on Thursday. Friday is a half day and we have an awards ceremony for part of that time. I will be sad to see my class go. They have been a great class this year.
Before that last week of school I have 9 teaching days. When I put it like that I know that the time will go by fast. Each week seems to go quickly because I just get into the pattern of the week and get done what has to be done. Right now what needs to be done is a lot of grading and starting to clean up of my classroom. I'm actually not leaving Hong Kong until the Tuesday after school gets out because I am taking a first aid class here before I leave. It's nice because that will give me some time to get things finished up before I leave but I hope that I don't leave it all until the end. Knowing me though, I'm sure I'll leave most of it to the end because I procrastinate all the time and because I need a deadline in which to get work done in.
Well I feel like this is a lot of rambling. It doesn't help that I am watching the season finale to Grey's Anatomy for season 2 while I'm writing this. Well I hope you all have a great day and to all the mothers reading I hope you had a great Mother's Day!
On other notes, school is quickly coming to a close. We have finished our last bit of Science for the school year already! It's hard to believe that it is coming to a close but I am ready for the next few weeks to fly by so that I can be on my way home! I didn't realize last year how helpful it was to be home during the month of April for spring break. I am very ready to be back in American and surrounded by a culture and language that I understand. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy Hong Kong and love the opportunity to work here but I am ready to be back in the States for a while.
We have 13.5 school days left with the students. Next week on Thursday we have the day off to celebrate Buddha's Birthday. Now obviously no one on my staff actually celebrates Buddha's Birthday but it is a red calendar day in Hong Kong (basically a national holiday) so we get the day off anyway. It will be a nice break in the middle of craziness! Since staff can actually check out on Saturday after the last day of school, parents ask to receive the report cards early so that they can have teacher conference if they want to. That means report cards go home on Tuesday of that last week. Which also means that after Monday we really want be doing a lot of work. On Wednesday of the last week, the fourth grade is going ice skating and then we are having class parties on Thursday. Friday is a half day and we have an awards ceremony for part of that time. I will be sad to see my class go. They have been a great class this year.
Before that last week of school I have 9 teaching days. When I put it like that I know that the time will go by fast. Each week seems to go quickly because I just get into the pattern of the week and get done what has to be done. Right now what needs to be done is a lot of grading and starting to clean up of my classroom. I'm actually not leaving Hong Kong until the Tuesday after school gets out because I am taking a first aid class here before I leave. It's nice because that will give me some time to get things finished up before I leave but I hope that I don't leave it all until the end. Knowing me though, I'm sure I'll leave most of it to the end because I procrastinate all the time and because I need a deadline in which to get work done in.
Well I feel like this is a lot of rambling. It doesn't help that I am watching the season finale to Grey's Anatomy for season 2 while I'm writing this. Well I hope you all have a great day and to all the mothers reading I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home