Typhoons and Rain
Well Typhoon Damrey has finally moved away from Hong Kong but it took a long time. From what I could tell it was a large storm. It is now hitting Vietnam so please pray for those people. It looked pretty rough from what I saw on the news. We still had a Typhoon 3 warning on Monday morning. Unfortunately it is too low to have school at the elementary closed but the Kindergarten was closed.
Well the typhoon warning was down by lunch but shortly thereafter it began to pour. You know usually when you are getting hit by the outside parts of a hurricane or in my case a typhoon I would expect the wind and rain to come at the same time. This time it rained some between Thursday and Monday but after the typhoon warning came down it really started to pour and it rained really hard from then on until this afternoon. I woke up last night and it was raining so hard and it was so loud. It was kinda crazy that it was the wind first and then the rain but you know it happens I guess. It is starting to clear up and so its nice and cool and somewhat clear. However, weather forecasts says it will get hot again by Friday. Which I guess is okay because I might be going to the beach on Saturday!
This Saturday in Chinese National Day. The singles group that I am starting to go to are going to a beach to celebrate the holiday. It sounds like fun so I'll probably join in. Hopefully it won't be raining for this holiday. I think they are having fireworks down towards the harbor that night that I might try to get to. I can't wait to see a firework show by the Chinese people. I will have to post what its like if I get to go.
Well I think that is most of what's going on here. Lots of rain and busy days at school. Report cards go out on Friday. I can't believe that I have taught through half of a term already. Time really is flying. So many things that I have enjoyed but so much that I want to change for next year to make it better. Okay well I need to get ready for bed. I hope you enjoy the pictures. These is most of what I have for now. I have a series of pictures of what the first typhoon and amber cloud day that I had hear in Hong Kong did to the river right outside my apartment complex. I'll put those on later though. There is actually quite a few of them. Have a great day. I'll try to post some more in the next few days.
Well the typhoon warning was down by lunch but shortly thereafter it began to pour. You know usually when you are getting hit by the outside parts of a hurricane or in my case a typhoon I would expect the wind and rain to come at the same time. This time it rained some between Thursday and Monday but after the typhoon warning came down it really started to pour and it rained really hard from then on until this afternoon. I woke up last night and it was raining so hard and it was so loud. It was kinda crazy that it was the wind first and then the rain but you know it happens I guess. It is starting to clear up and so its nice and cool and somewhat clear. However, weather forecasts says it will get hot again by Friday. Which I guess is okay because I might be going to the beach on Saturday!
This Saturday in Chinese National Day. The singles group that I am starting to go to are going to a beach to celebrate the holiday. It sounds like fun so I'll probably join in. Hopefully it won't be raining for this holiday. I think they are having fireworks down towards the harbor that night that I might try to get to. I can't wait to see a firework show by the Chinese people. I will have to post what its like if I get to go.
Well I think that is most of what's going on here. Lots of rain and busy days at school. Report cards go out on Friday. I can't believe that I have taught through half of a term already. Time really is flying. So many things that I have enjoyed but so much that I want to change for next year to make it better. Okay well I need to get ready for bed. I hope you enjoy the pictures. These is most of what I have for now. I have a series of pictures of what the first typhoon and amber cloud day that I had hear in Hong Kong did to the river right outside my apartment complex. I'll put those on later though. There is actually quite a few of them. Have a great day. I'll try to post some more in the next few days.

1 Comments:
i love reading about your life in a new place. i guess i'm vicariously living through you, but it's neat to watch how everything works out. i love the pictures! keep posting them! love you!
By
Amy, at 1:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home