
Here is the big candy store that I mentioned in an earlier blog. Its the one in Shatin at New Town Plaza. The amount of people you see in front of it is normal. Its that busy over the entire shopping centre. Busy, busy, busy. If that seems bad its so much worse on a Sunday. I probably would not have been able to get anything but the sign on a Sunday beause of all of the people.

This is during Mid-Autumn Festival. My neighbors were celebrating indoors as a family because of the rain. Usually there are not shoes outside the door but because there were so many people I'm sure they left them outside. It was pretty cool to me to see it because it made it seem more real to me that families were getting together and eating and celebrating. It reminded me of Thanksgiving at home or Christmas but of course we don't take our shoes off at the door usually :)

How cool is this? This is their scaffolding! Its made of bamboo and you see it everywhere including the building of high rise apartment complexes. They do have some metal scaffolding that I have seen them use where they are building the highways above existing roads but their standard type of scaffolding is bamboo. I saw this at New Town Plaza as I was going from the 5th floor to the 7th floor. Hong Kong people are great at finding space or makign space. For example, they build onto their island or build an island (in the case of the airport) to have more land. At New Town Plaza its now like 8 or 9 floors but in the last few years they added a floor. Yes completely added a floor and I don't mean at the top it was added between what is now the 3 and 5 floor or the 4 and 6. I have heard both floors but either the current 4 floor or current 5 floor was added. I think that is what they are doing now between the third floor and the fourth floor.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home