Typhoon Neoguri
Typhoon season in Hong Kong is usually from May to November. Typhoon Neoguri has ignored that and formed early. It is the second earliest typhoon in recorded history in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong went into a typhoon 1 signal on Thursday around lunch time. Thursday night and Friday were nice days though. Friday night I went to Amaroni’s (for the second time this week). On the way there, I noticed quite a bit more wind than usual. By the time I woke up on Saturday it was raining a lot and Hong Kong was in typhoon signal 3.
Today has been the perfect lazy, rainy day. I only wish I had a new movie to watch. I’ve read a little, watched some TV, and worked on the computer some. Around 4, the rain really picked up. The tropical storm had made landfall shortly before and is move north, just west of Hong Kong. There is still a possibility of a typhoon 8 being signaled but it will be a weak storm if it gets to that. It has been really windy today too. I definitely feel like we have been feeling the effects of a tropical storm all day. I’m just glad that is happened on a Saturday. It was a good day to be lazy.
Tonight, the black rain cloud was posted. This is my second black rain cloud. The black rain cloud means 70 millimeters or more of rain has fallen or is expected to fall in a short amount of time. If we were in school, the students would be required to stay until the black rain cloud is lifted (unless, of course, their parents come and pick them up). Thankfully, it is a Saturday. Hong Kong is also under thunderstorm warnings and landslide warnings. We have had rain all day long and most of the day has been very heavy rain. The potential for landslides are very high.
The forecast is predicting rain for the next several days. Maybe after the storm passes by the following days will be clear with very little to no pollution!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home