Cairns - my favorite destination
Double Island. People can rent the island for $27,000/day. People such as Kenau Reeves rent it. Nobody knows who is there but the person who owns the island until after they leave. Sounds like a nice deal but definitely out of my price range :)
Sitting by some waterfalls in the rainforest. This was our first stop on Turtle Tours. It was a pretty walk that reminded me a lot of home.
The gorge that we saw on Turtle Tours. We are standing near a power station but the few is beautiful. Behind us is where you can go rafting in Cairns.
Lookout of Cairns and the surround area. You can see the ocean in the background. Near the front are new housing complexes. A few years ago that was all sugarcane but the economy in Cairns is changing. They still have tons of mangoes though which are exported all over the world.
Downtown Cairns. This is looking towards the Laguna. The Laguna is a public swimming pool and a beautiful area. To my left when taking this picture was the ocean but the tide was out so it wasn't as pretty. Like I've said before I loved Cairns. I'm trying to find a way to get back there. I just wish there was an international school in the area that I could work at.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home