A Frustrating Day - Short Version
Today was very frustrating. Meredith and I were all excited about our trip out to the reef today but when we got to the boat all that changed. The police along with some group that patrols the marina were searching the boat that we were supposed to be on. They ended up telling us that our boat would not be going out (we have since found out that it is also not going out tomorrow...don't know why though). We ended up calling Ray back at JJ's to find out if we could get on another tour. We couldn't because they were all leaving. We then changed our plans for tomorrow to today and booked a tour for tomorrow. Thinking all was well we headed out on our Turtle Tours of the rainforest.
We were actually the only 2 people so it was a private tour for $20 (probably the only good thing that has happened today). It was a really good tour. Mike, our tour guy, was nice and friendly and showed us more things than he typically would (I think). It was a fun trip. We went swimming at a waterfalls in the rainforest and saw some really pretty areas around here.
That part of the day was good. Wecame into town tonight and got on the internet. Luckily, Meredith looked at the tours instead of sending emails like me. We found out that our boat was coming in an hour to an hour and a half later than we expected which was really pushing us for time to get to the airport and get checked onto our flight. We had to go back to JJ's to see what we could do. Making this the shorter version we went through every senario possible and basically have decided to stay with our tour. Immediately catch a cab from the docks to JJ's get our luggage, give Ray the underwater digital camera, head to the airport and check in. We will have some where between an hour and 30 minutes to get all of this done depending on when our boat gets in (Pray that we make our flight!!!!!). I'm am very worried about it but I'm trying to put it out of my mind because I know that I am not in control of it. I am still looking forward to seeing the reef though and about diving. I won't say that today was a waste but it was very frustrating. Turtle Tours is a great tour and Mike is a great tour guide. I would recommend it but as for the tour of the reef I'm thinking we should have given ourselves more time or just have better luck. I'm sure the tour will be great but it's just the timing that's hard. We really needed more time (at least a day).
Well I think that is the highlights of my day...the only other bits of news for me is that I have to move. This is a terrible bit of news to me. I've spent months trying to work it out to stay where I am and I found out yesterday that I have to move because my landlords want the use of their flat again. I'm still upset by this and really frustrated because there is nothing that I can do right now. Let's just say it's not been the best time that I thought it would be because my mind wonders back to Hong Kong and the million things that I have to do there now (it's a good thing I didn't go home this summer).
I'm going to get off because I'm feeling slightly depressed now. I need to stop thinking about Hong Kong and just enjoy my time here (which I did during the day just now that I'm posting and email it's hitting me). FYI - mainly to my parents...Cairns would be a great place to work! :) Just thought I would let you know.
We were actually the only 2 people so it was a private tour for $20 (probably the only good thing that has happened today). It was a really good tour. Mike, our tour guy, was nice and friendly and showed us more things than he typically would (I think). It was a fun trip. We went swimming at a waterfalls in the rainforest and saw some really pretty areas around here.
That part of the day was good. Wecame into town tonight and got on the internet. Luckily, Meredith looked at the tours instead of sending emails like me. We found out that our boat was coming in an hour to an hour and a half later than we expected which was really pushing us for time to get to the airport and get checked onto our flight. We had to go back to JJ's to see what we could do. Making this the shorter version we went through every senario possible and basically have decided to stay with our tour. Immediately catch a cab from the docks to JJ's get our luggage, give Ray the underwater digital camera, head to the airport and check in. We will have some where between an hour and 30 minutes to get all of this done depending on when our boat gets in (Pray that we make our flight!!!!!). I'm am very worried about it but I'm trying to put it out of my mind because I know that I am not in control of it. I am still looking forward to seeing the reef though and about diving. I won't say that today was a waste but it was very frustrating. Turtle Tours is a great tour and Mike is a great tour guide. I would recommend it but as for the tour of the reef I'm thinking we should have given ourselves more time or just have better luck. I'm sure the tour will be great but it's just the timing that's hard. We really needed more time (at least a day).
Well I think that is the highlights of my day...the only other bits of news for me is that I have to move. This is a terrible bit of news to me. I've spent months trying to work it out to stay where I am and I found out yesterday that I have to move because my landlords want the use of their flat again. I'm still upset by this and really frustrated because there is nothing that I can do right now. Let's just say it's not been the best time that I thought it would be because my mind wonders back to Hong Kong and the million things that I have to do there now (it's a good thing I didn't go home this summer).
I'm going to get off because I'm feeling slightly depressed now. I need to stop thinking about Hong Kong and just enjoy my time here (which I did during the day just now that I'm posting and email it's hitting me). FYI - mainly to my parents...Cairns would be a great place to work! :) Just thought I would let you know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home