Caroline in Hong Kong

Friday, November 30, 2007

Malaysia Pictures

Here's the pictures from my Malaysia trip. The info about the trip and the fun we had is in the post below.

This is my favorite picture from the trip. I think it just shows the beauty really well.

The dock at Manukan Island. This was on our first day.
Manukan Island. It was just a really pretty place to be.
These giant lizards were everywhere! On Sapi Island I saw four in one area plus a baby that was only about a foot long. They were huge! Needless to say we didn't get in their way.
This just puts things into perspective. Here we were on a wonderfully relaxing beach but to realize that it was once torn apart by war definitely makes you stop and think.
Time for camp! This was the large group of Koreans that evidently were on some convention. They are in three groups of two lines preparing to toss one of the kids down the line and then turn them around and go back. It seemed quite dangerous especially since the kids were going face first and easily could have been tossed onto their head or neck. They all survived as we sat and watched them in their games. The island already seemed like a summer camp and this group in the middle of the soccer field playing lots of group games just added to the illusion.

Sapi Island on our second day. This is probably my second favorite picture from the trip.
Footsteps in the sand. I didn't actually plan to take this picture but once I turned around from my walk it just seemed like a great picture. This was also at Sapi Island. It was easier to get this picture there because the beach was mostly sand and there wasn't many people. Especially after 2 (most people left the island at 2 but we didn't leave until 3). I took this picture shortly before we left.
I really like this picture too. It is on the swimming side of the dock at Sapi Island. The hole in the fence is where you go in. The waves come up to the fence pretty much all day. I think it even goes past it during high tide.
Some more of the swimming section at Sapi Island. I took mostly landscape pictures. I'll have to get pictures of us from Emily or Sara.
This flower was on a tree on the side of the path to the toilet at Sapi Island. It was a bright in the middle of lots of green. The flower just popped out because there weren't many colors around.

The rocky coral that was in the water and most of the sand at Manukan Island. It was rough and I was glad to have hard sole sandals so I didn't cut my feet to pieces.
These kids were adorable. There were six of them hanging around the beach all day at Sapi Island. I first noticed them in the morning when they were hanging out beside the lifeguard tower in the shade building a sand castle. I'm pretty sure the lifeguard was the dad to some of them. Here they are sitting on the dock and waiting on the waves to hit the fence below. They evidently were not supposed to get wet because they would squeal loudly and jump up and out of the way if the wave was big so they wouldn't get wet. I loved watching them just playing and being kids. I do wonder why they were not at school though.
These two girls made the surfboard into a seesaw. It obviously didn't go up and down much but they were having fun.
While the girls were on the surfboard, these two boys were trying their luck at the shoreline. One of them had to roll up his pants as they walked towards the water to only run out of the way in the waves came in so they wouldn't get wet. I really did enjoy watching them play. I wish Hong Kong kids could have some time to just play like this. Sadly, I don't think many of them do though.
Yep, it's almost Christmas. However, the Christmas lights and trees seen here in this picture just seemed out of place.

1 Comments:

  • Caroline
    Those pics look a lot like the old War moves from WWII. I like the kid pic the best.
    LOve you
    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home